Round Three of our Covid-19 Emergency Fund is now closed.
Given the ongoing impact of the Coronavirus and our concern that young people seeking asylum and those with refugee status are still one of the groups most impacted, we are pleased to announce that we have opened a third round of funds to help support in the immediate health and well-being of the most at risk and socially isolated young people in the UK.
The Covid 19 Emergency Relief fund will continue to support young people aged 16 to 28 years old who are assessed as vulnerable and in need of immediate support to help in the relief of social isolation and financial difficulty made worse by the pandemic.
The fund will be open until the 12th February or until funds run out.
The Covid 19 Emergency fund is open to:
Young people living in the UK aged 16 – 28 years old who are either seeking asylum or have refugee status
Our funds are extremely limited, priority will be given to young people receiving mentoring support from Hope for the Young who meet the Emergency Relief Fund criteria, in the first instance.
The maximum grant available is £250 and grant payments will be allocated on a case by case basis to respond effectively to young people’s needs.
Here are some examples of things you can apply for:
- regular weekly or monthly payments for food and essentials
- essential travel for appointments and to support groups
- mobile data to help stay connected with mentors, advocates, support workers, counsellors, family and friends
- Basic smart phone up to the value of £90 to help young people connect to their support networks.
Please note the following are not eligible to apply:
- Families who are applying on behalf of their children under 16 years old
- Young people applying on behalf of their families
- Young people on a study visa
- EU. / UK nationals
- Applications from people outside of the UK
- Applications on behalf of community projects and organisations
- Applications for groups of young people
The Covid 19 Emergency Relief Fund does not support
- The purchase of laptops or computers
- Payment of bills or subscription-based services
- Rent payments
- Furnishing homes with items such kitchen equipment, cookers, fridges, washing machines, and bedding etc.
- Repaying borrowed money from friends and family members
- Essential baby items and clothing
- Sports clothing or equipment
To apply, download the Round 3 application form below by clicking on “DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM”, (if you are having problem downloading the file, right click on the link and choose Save As). Once the file is downloaded to your computer, complete the form, save it, and send it back as an attachment to email@example.com .
All applications for support will need to include contact details of someone who is supporting you such as a welfare organisation, support worker, counsellor, or advocate. Only in exceptional circumstances, will we consider your application without this information.
It may take up to TWO weeks for us to review and respond to your application.
For further details about the Emergency Relief Fund please contact the Grants and Advocacy Coordinator Pamela: Email: Pamela@hopefortheyoung.org.uk Telephone: 07448 155126 (please note, her working hours are Tuesday and Wednesday from 9am – 5.30pm.)
If you would like to contribute to our Emergency Relief Fund so that we can distribute more emergency supplies to the most vulnerable young people across the UK, please consider making a DONATION to our emergency appeal on JustGiving here: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/HftYEmergencyReliefFund
We are also trying to source laptops to donate to our most isolated young people. If you have an old laptop or know of a company who may be willing to donate equipment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org